Author Topic: ORP - The first anniversary of regency  (Read 13088 times)

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
  • Honour: 0
  • Every day, a great day !
ORP - The first anniversary of regency
« on: 12 March, 2015, 07:07:11 PM »
« Last Edit: 13 March, 2015, 11:13:20 AM by Costance D'hauteville »

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
Re: ORP - The first anniversary of regency
« Reply #1 on: 12 March, 2015, 11:24:11 PM »
That morning Costance was sitting on her throne during the weekly Council with all the members of her kingdom's governement .
After having discussed all the matters of state, she said :

" Next saturday it will be one year I am your queen, my lords. These last months have been hard and troubled by a long a bloody war . I'd like to create, at least for a couple of days, a different atmospere .

There must be a feast with singers playing harps and reciting ballads.  A raised platform where hosting queens, kings and nobles, should be prepared in the middle of the Great Hall .

Find me some good cooks and servants , and wine and food : tables must be continually covered with the most exquisities dainties supplied all night long.

Flowers and aromatic lamps have to be lighted in the whole Hall . Help me to arrange everything properly, my lords.

The ambassadors and nobles received this  declaration with pleasure and acclamations.
The queen's proposal was received with the greatest delight and soon published at every corner of the kingdom .

------------------------------

Quella mattina Costance sedeva sul suo trono durante la seduta settimanale di  Concilio con i membri del governo del suo regno.

Dopo aver discusso alcune materie di stato, disse :

" Sabato sara' un anno che sono la vostra regina,miei signori . Questi ultimi mesi sono stati duri e turbati da una lunga e sanguinosa guerra .
Vorrei creare, almeno per un apio di giorni, un'atmosfera diversa.

Ci sara' una festa con cantori che suonano l'arpa e recitano ballate . Una piattaforma sopraelevata verra ' preparata al centro della grande sala, per ospitare regine, re e nobili .
Trovatemi alcuni cuochi e servitori, e vino e cibo : le tavole devono essere continuamente imbandite con el leccornie piu' squisite e riassortite per tutta la notte.

Fiori e torce aromatiche saranno accese in tutta la sala . Aiutatemi a preparare tutto per bene, miei signori."

Gli ambasciatori e i nobili ricevettero questa dichiarazione con acclamazioni .
La proposta della regina fu accolta con grande piacere e pubblicata in tutti gli angoli del reame.

« Last Edit: 12 March, 2015, 11:33:34 PM by Costance D'hauteville »

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 13 March, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »
" Bring me paper , ink and the royal seal , Ingrid ," said the queen to her damsel .

"I want to send invitations to all my friends and  to Denmark friends" .

" As you command, my lady, " Ingrid said  taking all her majesty had requested .

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 13 March, 2015, 02:01:27 PM »

Patrizio Da Lentini

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #4 on: 13 March, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »
Patrizio, the vassall of Sjaelland, started immediately to give orders for preparing the hospitality fit for regents and nobles coming from other kingdoms.
 He entered in the queen's office making a profound reverence and he said:
 "Be greeted Your Higness. Litter and horses have been prepared for welcoming our guests at the gates of the city, everything is almost ready.
 We have prepared beds and apartments for the repose of our guests. You have the support of all the danish people my Lady ", and with these words he took his leave of his queen,
 starting an inspection tour of all the royal palace 's doors.
 The royal palace was adorned with many portals of bronze: on one of this door, the queen had asked for being engraven with the following inscription:

ASYLUM OF PILGRIMS
 REFUGE OF TRAVELLERS

Some pages clothed in robes of linen were standing at each door, waiting for the guests' arrival.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrizio, il vassalo di Sjaelland, inizio' immediatamente a dare ordini per preparare l'ospitalita' degna di re e nobili provenienti da tutta Europa.
 Entro' nello studio della regina facendo una profonda riverenza e disse:

"Saluti a voi, Vostra Altezza. Lettighe e cavalli sono pronti all'entrata della città per accogliere i nostri ospiti, tutto e' quasi pronto.
 Abbiamo preparato posti letto e appartamenti per il riposo dei visitatori.
 Avete il supporto di tutto il popolo danese, mia signora" e con queste parole si accomiato' dalla regina e cavalcando inizio' un giro d'ispezione delle porte del palazzo.
 Il palazzo reale era adornato da parecchi portali di bronzo, su uno di questi la regina aveva fatto incidere la seguente iscrizione:

ASILO DEI PELLEGRINI
 RIFUGIO DEI VIAGGIATORI

Alcuni paggi vestiti in abiti di lino, stavano davanti ad ogni porta attendendo l'arrivo degli ospiti.

Daenerys Barbossa

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 13 March, 2015, 05:00:53 PM »
Princess Dandeto was relaxing in her chair when she told her handmaiden to bring her the mail. She stood up, went to the desk and lighted a candle, because the weather outside was rather grim and the daylight would have not been enough to read the letters. Dandeto went through them quickly. Most of the letters were from her citizens, but amongst them she noticed a single one that was somewhat different. The envelope was engraved by a most skilled hand with grace and style. She opened the envelope and read the letter. To her delight she found out that she was invited to the celebration of the anniversary of Contance's coronation, the queen of Denmark and an old friend of hers.
The princess was very excited about the event and went right away to get ready for the upcoming trip.
« Last Edit: 13 March, 2015, 05:04:05 PM by Dandeto Barbossa »

Halvor Olafsson

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #6 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:20:31 PM »
" I will never quit you , my queen, fighting every day for your safety.
Don't think me more generous that I am , though you are my principal care . I will do it for our kingdom ,
because it's absolutely impossible to think to our Denmark leaded by someone that aren't you.
Your gentleness has never raised you an enemy , but be sure my dear queen , all danish soldiers are ready to die for you. "

These were Halvor's thoughts reading the announcement of a feast for queen Costance , on the principal square of the capital, and remembering his arrival in Sjaelland and the help received by her majesty wo had supported him with clothes and food , permitting him to train and become a soldier of the danish army...a humble soldier devoted to his queen .

(RIP) Soroosh Khakshoor

• General group
  • My Motto: Do Whatever You Want Just Be Yourself
« Reply #7 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:35:24 PM »
While water drops were falling from all over his body,Soroosh entered his tent that they made near Savoy forests.Outside was raining for days now, He worked all days in forests to get some good wood supplies to sell. After taking off his cape and putting his axe aside ,Soroosh sit on a chair near fire to warm himself that Garreth entered room with a letter in his hands. "Garreth i am tired can you bother me later on?" Said Soroosh while smiling to Garreth "Read this,You will like it.".
Soroosh took the letter and saw,Denmark Royal family emblem. Soroosh gone ahead and opened and start reading. After that a smirk appear on his face "Garreth get carts ready,Load some of best drinks we got on,As well as woods.Tomorrow We are going to Denmark!". said Soroosh while winking to Garreth.

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:59:53 PM »
On the way for a battle without interest for them, out of possible glory or death, the small battlegroup from Aragon was astonished seeing the danish harbour dressed at the best.

Be quiet, I'm sure that's not for us said Berton to the excited men. By pure luck, we arrived here during some kind of fest. Well, we are going to have more amusement than expected.

(RIP) Giovanni Detto Malalingua

• General group
  • Baby Member
    • regnodidanimarcame
« Reply #9 on: 14 March, 2015, 12:11:59 AM »
Receiving the invitation at court, the judge started to remember that day when everything seemed lost.
All them , they were ready to leave Denmark and go into exile for avoiding the imposition of a foreign regent ; the Council assembled all night long for deciding about denmark's destiny and then the final decision :the abdication of the king and the coronation of the vassall , lady Costance d'Hauteville.
She was so beautiful and frightened at the same time , but her words were calm and reassuring.
"The will of heaven be done" , she said that night , one year ago , and in one year she had done so much for their kingdom that she has gained love, honour and respect by all her subjects, hearing all of them with gentle patience and great efforts.
She had married the kingdom and this marriage could never be dissolved , for the good of Denmark .
Giovanni was proud to be the judge of a kingdom so wisely ruled.

The first anniversary of regency

Ricevendo l'invito a corte , il giudice inizio' a ripensare a quel giorno in cui tutto sembrava  perduto.
Tutti loro erano pronti ad andare in esilio , a lasciare la danimarca per evitare l'imposizione di un reggente estraneo ; il Concilio riunito tutta la notte per decidere del destino del regno e la decisione finale : l'abdicazione del re e l'incoronazione del vassallo , lady Costance d'Hauteville.
Era cosi' bella e spaventata al tempo stesso , ma le sue parole erano calme e rassicuranti.
" Sia fatta la volonta' del cielo " , lei disse quella notte, un anno fa, e in quell 'anno aveva fatto cosi' tanto per il regno da guadagnarsi l'amore , l'onore e il rispetto di tutti i suoi sudditi , ascoltandoli con gentile pazienza ed immensi sforzi.
Lei aveva sposato quel regno e quel matirmonio non avrebbe mai potuto essere dissolto per il bene della Danimarca.
Giovanni era orgoglioso di essere il giudice di un regno cosi' saggiamente governato.
Giovanni Detto Malalingua

Magistrato di SJAELLAND  (Regno di Danimarca)

Ufficiale giudiziario (Regno di Danimarca)

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 14 March, 2015, 12:24:12 AM »
Gaiety and good humour prevailed all over the realm .
Delicate cakes, rich manchets, confits, flagons of wine, grapes, were transported from the kitchens to the Great Hall , where a marvellous banquet had been prepared for all the visitors.

Costance was alone in her private garden : no sounds were heard , save the murmurs of the fountains.
She was thinking to that year just passed with emotion and tenderness .

"My beloved people, you have really surpassed my hopes ", she was thinking.

But soon she shook her thoughts and called a page for ordering him to convoke the chamberlain and the chancellor , and for  giving a letter to the Academy's director , where it was written to open the Academy of Sjaelland to all the students , both danes or foreign , for a whole week from 14 th to 21 th march , for free , according to the royal will.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaiezza e buon umore prevalevano su tutto il reame .
Torte delicate, ricchi manicaretti, confetture, fiaschi di vino , venivano trasportati dalle cucine alla Grande Sala dove un meraviglioso banchetto era stato preparato per tutti i visitatori.

Costance era da sola nel suo giardino privato: non si udiva alcun rumore eccetto il mormorio delle fontane .
Lei stava pensando a quell'anno appena trascorso con emozione e tenerezza .
"Mio amato popolo , hai superato davvero tutte le mie speranze ",stava pensando.

Ma presto si riscosse dai suoi pensieri e chiamo' un paggio per ordinargli di convocare il ciambellano e il cancelliere ,e  di consegnare una lettera al direttore dell'accademia , in cui era scritto di aprire a tutti , danesi e stranieri, l'accademia di Sjaelland per studiare gratuitamente per tutta la settimana dal 14 al 21 marzo, per volere reale .

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 14 March, 2015, 01:32:20 AM »
Harald was on a boat's deck again, but this time the journey would have been short. The week before he received an unexpected letter. He was working at the dwell building site in Halmstad when one of his guards brought him a parchment. Harald recognized the colors of that scroll as well as the wax seal that closed it. The unexpected parchment became even more surprising when he red of the Queen of Danmark's invitation to join her in Sijaelland to hail the first anniversary of her regency.
He thought for a while to the past, when he met that woman for the first time during the Commonwealth war. At those times she was an enemy, and now? he decided to discover both the Queen and woman to better understand.

Laura De Lanza

• General group
« Reply #12 on: 14 March, 2015, 01:14:25 PM »
Lady Laura was admiring stone walls draped with banners when a page informed her to be convoked by the queen .

She went to the royal palace and knocked to the door of the queen's office.

Outside everything was noise and confusion : horses were bing harnessed and saddled , lead from the stables, men were shouting ...captain Arn was in the middle of it shouting commands .

Laura enterd in the room seeing the queen on her balcony, looking at the young boys practicing swordplay in the yard and farmers from the stables with hay bales on their shoulder .
"My Queen" she bowed in front of her majesty .

"knights are coming from all over the realm , nobles and regents are coming from all the kingdoms of Europe , some of them are already in our capital, and a lot of gifts for you and the realm are coming relentlessy .

Princess Mary Kuznetsova is just arrived at court and princess Dandeto barbossa from Bulgaria is at the gates of the realm .

Bands of musicians and tymbals are ready in the Great Hall and the fairest ladies of the city are making their preparations for the feast of tonight ,....and , my lady .....it seems that Lord Harald Magnusson is coming , too ...do you think is it a good idea my queen ?? You know that our people don't love him so much "
, she ended her report to the queen .

Lady Lauraa stava ammirando le mura di pietra drappeggiate dalle bandiere ,quando un paggio la informo' che era stata convocata dalla regina .

Si reco' al palazzo reale e busso' alla porta dell'ufficio della regina.

All'esterno era tutto un frastuono e confusione: i cavalli venivano imbrigliati e sellati , portati fuori dalle stalle, uomini che gridavano.... il cpaitano Arn in mezzo a tutto quel parapiglai che gridava ordini .

Laura entro' nella stanza vedendo la regina sul suo balcone che guardava dei ragazzi giocare con le spade nel cortile e mandriani trasportare pesanti balle di fieno sulle loro spalle dalle stalle.

"MIa regina ", fece un inchino davanti a sua maesta'.

" cavalieri stanno arrivando da tutto il reame, nobili e sovrani giungono da tutta Europa , alcuni sono gia 'a Sjaelland , tantissimi doni stanno giungendo senza sosta.

La principessa Mary Kuznetsova dalla Sassonia e' gia' a corte e la principessa Dandeto Barbossa dalla Bulgaria e' giunta alle porte del regno .

Bande di musicisti e timbali sono pronti nella Grande Sala a le piu belle dame del regno stanno facendo tutti i loro preparativi per la festa di stanotte ...e ..mia signora...sembra che anche Lord harald Magnusson stia venendo ..pensate sia una buona idea mi regina ?? sapete bene che il popolo non lo ama molto
" ...termino' il suo rapporto alla regina .
« Last Edit: 14 March, 2015, 01:16:22 PM by Laura De Lanza »

Chancellor - Kingdom of Denmark
Drill Master - VARMLAND
Countess - OPPLAND

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
« Reply #13 on: 14 March, 2015, 02:06:08 PM »
Costance  listened with attention to her chancellor 's report.  Lady Laura was really doing a good work as chancellor of the kingdom , following personally all the newborns and cooperating with her for the organizing that official reception.

" Thank you lady Laura, you are doing a very good work . I , personally, invited Lord Harald Magnusson ; he is living in the scandinavian lands and I hope to establish good neighborly relations.

I know that roughness of manners is disagreable , but to be ossessed with the past, sometimes, makes us unable to do something in the present.
We will see how he will behave : some shall pardoned and some punished .

My lady , please, I ask you to follow personally my friends Princess Mary and Princess Dandeto .
Princess Mary met death face to face in these last months, please give her the calmest apartment where she could rest and forget for one day, at least, battlefields, fights, warriors and destruction.
To Princess Dandeto, please give the apartment with view on the roses' garden, so she won't feel nostalgic for her kingdom : in Bulgaria , they have the most beautiful roses I have ever seen.

And another thing, mylady...contact all our captains , I have to confer  with them "
, ended Costance greeting her chancellor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Costance ascolto' con attenzione il rapporto del suo cancelliere . Lady Laura stava svolgndo davvero un ottimo lavoro come cancelliere del regno , seguendo personalmente i nuovi cittadini e cooperando con lei per l'organizzazioen di quel ricevimento ufficiale.

"Grazie lady laura, state facendo davvero un ottimo lavoro . Io, personalmente, ho invitato Lord Harald Magnusson : lui vive in terra scandinava e spero di stabilire buoni rapporti di vicinato.
Comprendo che le maniere rudi sono sgradevoli , ma essere ossessionati dal passato , a volte, ci rende incapaci di fare qualcosa nel presente.
Vedremo come si comportera': alcuni saranno perdonati, altri puniti .

Mia cara, vi chiedo di occuparvi personalmente delle mie amiche , la principessa Mary e la principessa Dandeto.
La principessa Mary ha visto tante volte la morte in faccia in questi ultimi mesi , vi prego di assegnarle l'appartamento piu' tranquillo affinche' possa riposare e dimenticare almeno per un giorno , battaglie, guerra e lotte, guerrieri e distruzione .
Alla principessa Dandeto vi prego di assegnare l'appartamento con vista sul giardino delle rose, cosi' non sentira' nostalgia di casa: in Bulgaria hanno le rose piu' belle che io abbia mai visto  "
, concluse Costance salutando il suo cancelliere .

Guido Di Lusignano

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #14 on: 14 March, 2015, 07:07:11 PM »
The chamberlain joined Her Majesty in the Great Hall , where she was checking if all was in order .

"My Queen, don't get too tired, the day is long . Everything is under control.

I thought to create a little covered garden of eden for our guests : arbours of roses, jasmine, branches of palm I bought from south of Italy, pomegranate, tuts of jonquils , hyacinths, and carnations perfuming the air.

There, they could wait for your arrival  at the banquet, my Lady.

Your Highness, this feast will be worthy of a great queen , as you are "
, said Guido bowing .

...............................................................................................

Il ciambellano raggiunse Sua maesta' nella Grande Sala , dove ella stava controllando che tutto fosse in ordine.

"Mia regina, non stancatevi troppo, la giornata e' ancora lunga. Tutto e' sotto controllo .

Ho pensato di creare un piccolo giardino dell 'Eden coperto pe ri nostri ospiti : arbusti di rose, gelsomino, rami di palme che ho comprato nel sud delle terre italiche, melograni , ciuffi di giunchiglie , giancinti  e garofani a profumare l'aria.

Potrebbero attendere li' il vostro arrivo al banchetto .

Vostra Altezza, questa festa sara' degna di una grande regina come voi siete"
, disse Guido facendo un inchino .