Author Topic: Mystic Church Revival - OOC  (Read 1630 times)

(RIP) Aqil Nagi

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
Mystic Church Revival - OOC
« on: 26 January, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »
-OOC-
Greetings to all,

As you may be aware by now, the Middle East Mystic Church has a new primodor, and as such I come here with some points to address.

First and foremost, I wish to know how many of you are still mystics and wish to help with the reform and revival of the Mystic Church?

Secondly, I am open to opinions, suggestions and critics, so if there is anything that you don't like on the Mystic Church, speak up, this is the time to do it.

Thirdly, I shall present you what is my idea for the Mystic Church as I have told the administration

* How you intend to manage the new religion;
I intend to manage it as a meritocratic institution in terms of hierarchy, so if anyone wants to go up they must deserve it, secondly as to the dogma, I believe I will develop further the Main Principles as they are established on the wiki:

1) The mystic religion is indifferent as to whether there is a god, and is compatible with theism and nontheism alike.
2) The mystic religion focuses on life in this world - the present world is an end in itself instead of merely preparation of a world to come.
3) The true nature of life is contained in the doctrine of “aura”: that human excellence consists in inspiring fellow humans to achieve greater deeds and create the myths of tomorrow.
4) Mystics undertake pilgrimages and appreciate relics to master “aura”.
5) Because myths from the past were once themselves human deeds guided by “aura”, history is cyclical and there is much to be learnt from history.

Although some points may change slightly since I intend to grasp a bit more on the occult part of the Mystic and its close relationship with humanity, therefore the in the RP it shall be the use of the belief on the occult to improve humanity from a spiritual aspect while the develop of mundane knowledge to become available to those whom deserve it.

As you may have noticed, I'm still very young, so any input you have will be mostly welcome.

* How you want to manage the relations with other religions.
I want to manage the relation on a basis of constant attempt of cooperation, but if we are openly attacked we will retaliate somehow. The choosing of the Mystical church should be a personal one and not a social imposition, we shall welcome all, raise a few and impose to none, but defend ourselves from any.

I hope to see you all soon, so that together we may rebuild the Mystic Church.

Regards to all,

Aqil Nagi's player
-/OOC-

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
  • Honour: 3
  • Ataman of the Cossacks, King of Hungary
Re: Mystic Church Revival - OOC
« Reply #1 on: 26 January, 2015, 07:02:21 PM »
edited by CrazyToe

Text deleted after having taken a screenshot;
please remember the rules: writing RP in an ooc topic violates rule S.
In addition your text was insulting, which would be ok in RP topics, but not in ooc topics.
Official warning!
« Last Edit: 29 January, 2015, 03:36:13 PM by CrazyToe »
Forgive my translator from English, Sir Google: it is bad, but to me there is no one to replace him

Ingame profile

(RIP) Aqil Nagi

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #2 on: 26 January, 2015, 10:16:43 PM »
- And yet I am the Primodor. - Replies Aqil Nagi with a gentle calm voice.

((In words of the administration, since I was the only candidate when they requested a new head for the Mystic Church, I got the position. Feel free to write to them if you want, or work with me to rebuild the mystic faith, either as an ally or an enemy, but in the best interest for the church))

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 26 January, 2015, 10:42:24 PM »
ООС:
I am very sorry that the administration is violating its own rules, and does it in secret.
I think if the admin has announced that for the post Primodor no claims to any age or to the characteristics of any religion, wishing participate in the elections would be a lot.

However, what's done is done; I wish you good luck in that post. However, from the point of view of the RP, I still will take you to an impostor  ;)
Forgive my translator from English, Sir Google: it is bad, but to me there is no one to replace him

Ingame profile

(RIP) Aqil Nagi

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #4 on: 26 January, 2015, 11:28:30 PM »
OOC:

I understand your position and believe me, I too didn't thought I would get the position at first, to the point I came to believe this had became a dead religion. Nonetheless I am glad I'm proven wrong and that there is at least one person still interested enough to question how I became Primodor, even if only RP wise.

It is true I am young and have little to no experience on what the church was until now, and the relationships it developed beyond what is posted on these forums, but I hope to have your assistance even if only OOC do bring the church to a safe haven.

I believe it will be fun to have an active oposition, if this improves the church RP and helps it grow even so better.

As to when they announced it can be seen on the announcement boards:

07-Jan-1315, 11:18:56   Applications for Mystical and Pagan Church Leader

I believe my ascention was a "if no one else is interested let the young one take a shot on it" situation, therefore if you or any other elder mystic is interested I have no problem at all in resigning on his or her behalf, but only if it will assist the church and not for a matter of egos.

Now, as to what was my proposal as I presented it to the administration for the Mystic church, what do you think?

(RIP) Meffistoe Lannister

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 27 January, 2015, 06:48:28 AM »
OOC - I suggest you generate a cash flow for the chruch (it is possible now to pray and get cash) or invest a bit of your own
and contact local merchants and workers to get the materials needed for the chalice and contact the newborns in Cairo first and ask them to come under the church. they might even be your basis for a new clergy

you only got 1 Muazzin which ios important because he can induct new people to the faith.
but you cannot appoint the middle "management" without a mufti in Caesarea. Cairo has an academy in case people don't meet the
requirments of the charisma. if more people get inducted into the faith and pray a bit every day you'll get the silver you need
and they can be the next clergy.

Talk to David Ben Ishai he has been in the faith for a while and he was the Mufti in Caesarea at one point he knows what you need.

sunchaser_general

« Reply #6 on: 27 January, 2015, 08:41:48 AM »
ООС:
I am very sorry that the administration is violating its own rules, and does it in secret.
I think if the admin has announced that for the post Primodor no claims to any age or to the characteristics of any religion, wishing participate in the elections would be a lot.

However, what's done is done; I wish you good luck in that post. However, from the point of view of the RP, I still will take you to an impostor  ;)

I am sorry but i disagree. We officially asked for candidates and in the rules on wiki is written that if no candidate meets requirement they will be lowered until a candidate is found.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 27 January, 2015, 09:47:39 AM »
I am sorry but i disagree. We officially asked for candidates and in the rules on wiki is written that if no candidate meets requirement they will be lowered until a candidate is found.

I know what it says on the wiki.

http://wiki.medieval-europe.eu/index.php?title=Election_Leader#Who_may_apply_for_the_role.3F

If there won't be any characters with this requirements the Camerlengo/Marshal will reduce the requirements beginning from charisma stat until there will be at least 2 suitable candidates (seniority in the the game is more important than statistics). After the religious release, the procedure will accept as candidate only the following roles: cardinal/high priest and bishop/prior

http://wiki.medieval-europe.eu/index.php?title=Election_Leader#Phase_I:_Contact
If there won't be any candidates after this phase, the Camerlegno/Marshal will reduce the requirements as specified in the paragraph "Who may apply for the role?" and the phase will be extended of 24 hours. This will be repeated until a suitable candidate will be found.
Although this is not written directly, in my understanding, Camerlengo must report  the reduction of requirements (otherwise there is no point to prolong this phase - the new candidates will not appear) on the forum or via the admin message.

I understand that the situation with "dead" Mystical Church was exceptional. However, whatever the church — is a powerful tool, both in terms of RP, and from the point of view of mechanics. And it is very sad that the election of a new Primodor passed that way - is vague and unclear.

Ingame profile

(RIP) Sim Maatriks

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:04:01 AM »
OOC, you know.

What's the point now in arguing about the new Primodor appointment, Valkon? Let him do his job, maybe he will succeed, maybe not. If not - well, just let the Mystic Church die in peace, no need to prolong its agony.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:18:08 AM »
I have already said, I have nothing against the new Primodor, and I wish him luck.

I do not like the situation and the resulting uncertainty of it. For example, now there are elections of the head of the church theology. Maybe I should have propose the candidature? Although I am not a theologian, and do not have enough charisma.

Ingame profile

Elizara Gray

• General group
  • Honour: 1
« Reply #10 on: 27 January, 2015, 05:59:32 PM »
For example, now there are elections of the head of the church theology. Maybe I should have propose the candidature? Although I am not a theologian, and do not have enough charisma.
Go ahead Valkon, I support your candidature :) Though I'm not cardinal of Theology at all, but it's ok if requirements will be reduced for voters too  ;D
Элизара Серова, Великая Пророчица Патриархальной Церкви
Elizara Gray, Grand Prophetess of Patriarchal Church