Author Topic: Trial No.4: KoP vs Vasya Chotkiy  (Read 1526 times)

(RIP) Symeon Focas

• General group
  • Honour: 1
  • Sapere Aude.
Trial No.4: KoP vs Vasya Chotkiy
« on: 21 November, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
Done with his previous mail, Symeon took yet another piece of paper and wrote:
"Kingdom of Poland vs Vasya Chotkiy. Attila the Hun has made serious accusation towards the person of Vasya Chotkiy regarding ground tresspassing. It is their sacred right to appoint an Attorney (Defense) or a Barrister (Prosecution), within 24 hours starting of this very moment."
« Last Edit: 21 November, 2014, 02:46:27 PM by Symeon Focas »

Fyodor Romodanovsky

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: Trial No.4: KoP vs Vasya Chotkiy
« Reply #1 on: 21 November, 2014, 03:37:34 PM »
Your Honor,

By Defendant`s request I will represent him in this court and will try to support your honor in pronouncing of equitable verdict.

Defendant will send you soon a letter with my accreditations.

Attila Hun

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 22 November, 2014, 01:11:03 AM »
Your Honor, I will not appoint a Barrister, I will represent myself in this trial.

(RIP) Symeon Focas

• General group
  • Sapere Aude.
« Reply #3 on: 22 November, 2014, 01:07:48 PM »
"I would like to thank you for your co-operation. Since both sides have been arranged and appointed properly, we shall proceed with the trial. As I am sure you are both familiar with the procedure, I wont be meticulous.
The Prosecution now has the word. Sir Attila, I expect you to present the facts of the case, enlisting the laws you claim to be broken by the Defendant. Furthermore, I expect you to present the evidence in its proper form (and that would be a screenshot). You have the right to appoint up to 2 witnesses. All that must be done within the next 24 hours, starting right now."

Attila Hun

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 22 November, 2014, 10:51:48 PM »
Thank you, Your Honor.
Please allow me to present the evidence which clearly shows the defendant trespassing Polish borders, thus violating our border law:

As you can clearly see, the offender is in Polish territory without any excuse and should be punished according to our law.
« Last Edit: 22 November, 2014, 10:54:19 PM by Attila Hun »

Fyodor Romodanovsky

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 23 November, 2014, 12:35:57 AM »
Your honor,

If sir Prosecutor is finished with presenting accusations against my client and evidences, I ask for permission to present statement of Defense.

(RIP) Symeon Focas

• General group
  • Sapere Aude.
« Reply #6 on: 23 November, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »
"Please proceed Sir Fyodor. The Defense has the word now."

Fyodor Romodanovsky

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 23 November, 2014, 04:11:28 PM »
Your honor,

With your permission, I will begin to present a line of defense.

Mr. Prosecutor stated that the actions of my client can not be justified in any way and he, my client, should be punished accordingly. I have to disagree with the statement of my colleague and I want to explain the reason for my disagreement.

Polish law states:

"All citizens from Kiev and Prussia and any other Kingdom which have, now or futurelly, hostile relation with Poland are forbidden to enter any Polish region"

Forbidden to enter. Entrance implies that a person makes the movement from one place to another. That is, the law suggests that before my client was in a different place and in consequence of his volitional action he came to the territory of Poland. That does not correspond to the case we are considering.

As document above indisputably proves , my client was among the attackers of MAZOWSZE as part of Kievan attacking army. As we know attacking army gathering for the march in friendly territory and the direction of attack is determined by the king. So my klient anter Polish land nos as e person but as part of attacking army moving by the will of Grand Prince of Kiev. As we know every subject have a obligation by honor to follow his monarch in war and in this case I think that it is unjust to acknowledge actions of my client (entering the army) as a crime.

The simple logic prove this. If entering in Poland territory as part of army can be considered as crime then we will have 45 accused in this crime warriors:

Attackers: Wolk Rogdaevic, Andrej Donskoi, Kalinon Gatzioudis, Vladimir Artrald, Boguslav Moshna, Radost Konstantinovic, Aleksander Zangief, Ivana Susanin, Mary Kuznetsova, Wadwad Отважный, Aleksey Tkachul, Mikhail Naryshkin, Eva Kalashnikova, Magnus Galte, Vladimir Kalita, Pavka Korchagin, Stepan Khilkov, Alena Kirsanova, Ugus-cherkes Da Karabay, Alexandr Lenivtsev, Stepan Kishka, Alexander Dougin, Castilius Brave, Ark Ferroraider, Janek Veleshevsky, Folke Nielsen, Djuffin Halli, Pavel Potemkin, Advvy Tatarsky, Pen Koloda, Fred Ustyg, Sergey Nemoy, Pyotr Zurov, Vanjka Susanin, Drwall Van Loon, Boris Gromov, Shura Balaganov, Mikhailo Kishka, Viktor Volkov, Elizara Gray, Cirilo Kotromanic, Vasya Chotkiy, Mao Chao, Fedor Emelyanenko, Zmiy Zeleny

And even more as both countries have similar laws and both countries had attack other country territory. This is the War. War is indisputable terrible thing but not a crime.

And as we know there is no chance kievan citizen to enter Polish territory because of hostile diplomatic status.

If we combine all this fact we can see that entering and staying on Poland land, which my client commit being unconscious in result of taken wounds in the battle, can not be considered as his volitional action. I believe that the court should take into account that a person can not be held responsible for the actions made by another person or country or to be judged for completing this debt of honor as a warrior, as it is completely contrary to the spirit of justice.

In the laws of Poland there is no text about what the citizens of Kiev is prohibited to stay in Poland and that they should leave the country in a determined period, but my client showed consciousness and immediately, as soon as his physical condition after the battle has allowed it, he left the territory of Poland.

In this situation, I see no corpus delicti in the sense of the laws of Poland and ask the court to declare my client innocent.

I also would like to address the court for not quite legal topic. Rather, on the honor one.

War can be just and unjust, and I'm not here to disassemble the political relations between Kiev and Poland, but taken separately battlefield is no place for politics, but the place of military honor and valor.

Brave warriors follow their monarchs are risking their lives for the honor of their country and the king, and when the battle ends for a little moment comes time of peace, when there is no enemies on the field, but there are brothers in fate. Both camps collect the wounded from the battlefield, appreciate the courage of his rivals, some even publicly acknowledge their courage - and that is the highest manifestation of the honor of a noble knight. But in this concept of honor does not include, in my opinion, the prosecution of a man who was wounded on the battlefield. He is a warrior and a avatar of military honor, not a criminal. So I ask the court to consider my words, and in the future not sully his good name with cases against the wounded warriors who have not yet regained consciousness after the battle wounds incurred. This is contrary to honor, virtue and justice.

(RIP) Symeon Focas

• General group
  • Sapere Aude.
« Reply #8 on: 23 November, 2014, 08:00:30 PM »
" Most understood, your presentation.
Sir Attila, you may proceed. "

Attila Hun

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 24 November, 2014, 02:47:29 AM »
Thank you Your Honor,
The defense tries to use word definition to cover his client's actions. It is common sense to interpret "forbidden to enter" as not being in the country territory, not just some border-crossing action.
The accused knew that there was a possibility to enter Polish land after the battle so he knew that he could be prosecuted for that specific crime.
From the time that Poland conquered that land the Polish laws are active for everybody who is present.
The offender is clearly guilty of breaking the law of border trespassing.
Sincerely yours,
Attila Hun

(RIP) Symeon Focas

• General group
  • Sapere Aude.
« Reply #10 on: 24 November, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »
The Judge shook his head and said:
"Thank you, Sir Attila.
 The Defense has the word now, for the closing remarks."

Fyodor Romodanovsky

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 24 November, 2014, 03:28:49 PM »
Your honor,

I have nothing to add to my previous position, but will resume it:

By unwritten laws of warrior honor it is unworthy to be persecuted fallen warrior - his wounds are enough punishment for defeat. Especially unworthy are such actions from victorious side. If punish a warrior for completing his duty this court will bring shame not only on itself but on every victorious hero from those battle.

I trust that your honor is not only competent judge but also a honest man and I really hope that this my faith would not be in vain.

(RIP) Symeon Focas

• General group
  • Sapere Aude.
« Reply #12 on: 24 November, 2014, 10:03:10 PM »
The Judge cleared his throat and with a deep voice announced:
"Dear Sirs,
Defense, Prosecution and people of Poland,
After careful and thorough examination of both facts and witness, I have come to the verdict.
The accused is found guilty, upon the high court of Poland. The guilt of the accused is apparent, because while he was on Polish grounds, the Laws of the State of Poland are and always be active.
Therefore, I sentence Sir Vasya Chotkiy to 3 days emprisonment and 1000 silver coins fine towards the State of Poland.
The sentence above hereby stated as probative, upon the sum of 800 silver coins during the following 48 hours. The person to whom the probative fine is to be paid is Sir Attila Hun.
Thank you all for your time.
Court is adjourned."

The Judge hit his gavel and the procedure took its end.

Fyodor Romodanovsky

• General group
« Reply #13 on: 25 November, 2014, 01:06:29 AM »
Your honor,

I return to inform you that all my clients refuse to take probative opportunity you offer them.

From me personally I must say that I am disappointed by this court. I presume that we will seek justice, but realize that from the beginning you have no intention to provide just verdict and because of that simple ignore  the Defense. As I say before, mercy and generosity are the privilege of victorious. You do not find courage to act as victorious one. We well know western lack of bravery from battles there you never go without numerical superiority, now we also know about your lack of honor.

And as you not act as winners, we will accept this role, because victory is not calculated in number of taken provinces or fallen enemies, but in keeping your spirit high and honor spotless in the gravest moments. We will not come to your level and never will open similar courts against people we face n battlefield, because battlefield have no need of our courts , it show us clearly who we are without any judge, prosecutor or defender. Kievan court will continue to serve only to Law, and never will lowering its standards to meaningless revenge.

I say so many bad things about this court so I want to finish with something bright. Honor and justice do not settle in here, but I must admit that here magistrates know how to keep order in their business contrary to their saxonian colleagues. All the procedures were performed brilliantly and according the rules.

I will not copy this message in other topics as I think here it will be enough.

(RIP) Symeon Focas

• General group
  • Sapere Aude.
« Reply #14 on: 26 November, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »
The Judge stood on his height, looked Sir Fyodor in the eye and barked:
"Your client had the chance to reduce his penalty. A penalty that was granted by the high Court of Poland. You being disappointed or content with the verdict, is of zero importance. Justice does not appeal to tastes. If you require a form of justice that grants you every wish of yours, like a little child, then I pity you, dear Sir. It seems that this is the only way that you comprehend justice.
The Trial is over. The Court is adjurned."
« Last Edit: 26 November, 2014, 11:24:51 PM by Symeon Focas »