Author Topic: Tailor shop open for business.  (Read 1310 times)

(RIP) Zar Dozr

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
Tailor shop open for business.
« on: 18 November, 2014, 10:43:42 AM »
The bright light of the morning sun was the first thing that Zar could remember, it pierced right through his eyelids and caused him to groan and shield his eyes with his arm. Rising from the ground he had been laying upon he dusted himself off and peered around at his surroundings. He was cold, he was hungry, and he had no memory of how he had gotten to this place or even of his own past. He knew his name, he knew all the basic knowledge that a man would know, he even knew how to read and write...but he could remember nothing specific about his past.

Alone in a strange place he feared that he would likely starve to death but that was when he came across the sign at the prison stating that for a hard days work of cleaning he could earn a meal and a few coins, that was a deal that he literally could not refuse. Zar worked tirelessly that day, taking several shifts at the prison so that he could fill his belly and start to save up some coins. At the end of the day he found he was too tired to work any more and so he wandered off in search of somewhere to bunk down for the night.

Zar came across the tavern but he knew he would never be able to afford a room so he inquired about perhaps sleeping in the shed out back where the tavern kept it's supplies, surely he could afford that. The tavern owner surprised him though when he showed pity upon him, telling him he could have a room but that the offer was not permanent, once Zar was on his feet the free ride was over.

Waking and feeling rested Zar contemplated his options, he simply would never be able to survive just by working at the prison, he would need more, and so he started to learn what he could about the land he found himself in and it's people.

He learned that he was in Prussia and that the ruling King was new to these lands having recently taken control from a King that had apparently been selfish and uncaring. The more Zar learned the more he became curious about how he had gotten to this place and where he might have come from.

One day in-between shifts at the prison Zar was approached by a man in fancy clothing and handed a letter, it was from the King of Prussia himself and it requested an audience. Zar knew that he could not refuse and he found himself nervous about meeting the King but it turned out that King Hohenzollern was a very nice and easy to talk to individual. He shared his vision of Prussia with Zar and asked if he would help him achieve it.

Zar was given an important task but the first step upon that road had to be economic security. Zar dedicated himself to saving up all the money he saved from working at the prison and using that money to open a shop for himself. On the King's advice Zar decided to open a tailoring shop and now he seeks to earn his fortune.

(RIP) Zar Dozr

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: Tailor shop open for business.
« Reply #1 on: 18 November, 2014, 10:46:22 AM »
I am looking for potential business opportunities for myself and am willing to work with different individuals and organizations to meet whatever tailoring needs they may have. I am new to this world and this profession but I am a quick learner and am eager to make a name for myself. If there are any who require any tailoring done please do not hesitate to send me an order, and then I will do my best to fill that order as quickly as possible.

Leseyk Hydros

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: Tailor shop open for business.
« Reply #2 on: 02 December, 2014, 05:26:36 PM »
Leseyk walked in, and greeted Zar Dozr, who was busily spinning away at the loom. There were spools of all kinds of thread everywhere, and sheets of leather lying around in stacks. Many finished as well as half-finished products hung from racks and hangers. Leseyk looked at them, sizing them up. Unfortunately, they were either too small or too big for him.

Leseyk placed an order for one short-sleeved shirt and a pair of hose. The rags adorning him were sufficient for now, but Leseyk was tired of looking like a peasant. He wanted at least one set of nice linen clothes.

As Zar took a break from his tailoring to see to his customer, they started talking, and managed to hammer out a deal. If Leseyk could provide the linen for the clothes, Zar would make them, and would sell them for a better price than usual, since Leseyk was providing the materials.

Since Zar was getting business and Les was getting the clothes he needed, they were in agreement. The deal made, Leseyk left the tailor shop and began traveling home, eager to go grow the linen for the clothes that would soon be on his back.