Author Topic: Case A016: State against Jaime Reed  (Read 3290 times)

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
  • Honour: 3
  • Ataman of the Cossacks, King of Hungary
Case A016: State against Jaime Reed
« on: 06 November, 2014, 09:02:05 AM »
By the power of Law given to Kievans by our Grand Prince of Kiev Mao Chao and the power of Order blessed of Our Triune God, High Court of Kiev by own initiative start this prosecution against crimes committed by Jaime Reed.

Jaime Reed is accused of violating the Martial law of The Grand Principality of Kiev:

No foreign resident (except allied kingdoms) has the right to enter Principality of Kiev while Martial Law is active. Violating this article is reviewed in the court as a Capital Offence.

Prosecution will be represented by Sim Maatriks.

According procedure I must ask Jaime Reed if he want to appoint an Attorney or prefer defend by herself.
« Last Edit: 15 November, 2014, 02:56:32 PM by Valkon Gorthauer »
Forgive my translator from English, Sir Google: it is bad, but to me there is no one to replace him

Ingame profile

(RIP) Sim Maatriks

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: Case A016: State against Jaime Reed
« Reply #1 on: 06 November, 2014, 10:08:13 AM »
Your Honor, we have the proof that Jaime Reed has violated our law:

According to the Second Book of the Laws of the Grand Principality of Kiev,

No foreign resident (except allied kingdoms) has the right to enter Principality of Kiev while Martial Law is active.
Violating this article is reviewed in the court as a Capital Offence.

According to this, I ask for the following punishment for Jaime Reed:
Fine of 1000 siver coins and 3 days of imprisonment.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 07 November, 2014, 07:48:52 AM »
Sir Jamie, Court is ready to consider your employment, but the process can not last forever. Please speak out in his defense within 24 hours, or choose a Lawyer.
Forgive my translator from English, Sir Google: it is bad, but to me there is no one to replace him

Ingame profile

(RIP) Jaime Reed

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 07 November, 2014, 10:13:34 AM »
A younger battered gentlemen entered the room. He announced in the native toungue and in English. Sirs and madams in the courtroom please make way for his Lordship Jaime Reed: The Count of Bolton and the Bear Baron.

Jaime entered after his announcement and the look of him was tired and dirty from his work and the long hard travel. Jaime announced to the court. I Jaime Reed will have my liege James Balliot reprisent me as I have no knowledge of the law. Thank you.

Jaime had his young streward translate for him then Jaime stood at attention awaiting the Judge to grant him permission to sit while Jaime awaits the arrival of King Balliot.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 07 November, 2014, 10:26:53 AM »
You may sit down, Sir Jaime.

Noble Sir James Balliot, if you agree to be a lawyer in this trial, can begin.

Ingame profile

(RIP) Jaime Reed

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 07 November, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
Jaime bows before the Magistrate and then takes his seat. As Jaime awaits James arrival and the commencement t of the trial, Jaime brushes off the dust of the road and cleans up for the trial.

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 07 November, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »
I am here, you may proceed. Thank you.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 07 November, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »
Noble Sir James! It's your time to speak. Now the court is waiting for you to opening remarks by the Defense. This applies to all trials in which you participate as a lawyer.
Of course, since you are of royal blood, you can say, without asking permission from the court.

Ingame profile

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 07 November, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »
Thank you your honor, but I believe it is customary for the prosecution to display evidence against my client at this time before I can form my defense arguments.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 07 November, 2014, 05:36:13 PM »
Noble Sir James, Lawyer!
Do you agree that on 5th November this year your client was present  on territory of Kiev and by this broke the Martial Law issued on 24 Octomber? I must ask you to notice that previously  prosecutor provide documental evidencies for your client presense in Sieradzko-Leczyckie and quote exactly the law that your client broke by this action.

Ingame profile

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 07 November, 2014, 08:12:58 PM »
I must ask you to notice that previously  prosecutor provide documental evidencies for your client presense in Sieradzko-Leczyckie.

I am sorry Lord Judge, but I do not seem to be able to see such evidence. Perhaps I am attempting to view it incorrectly? I have a new invention known as spectacles which aid my eye-sight, they are called "Firefox"...perhaps these are not working correctly?

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 07 November, 2014, 11:48:54 PM »
Upon further review, it would appear that my "Firefox" spectacles are indeed flawed when viewing the displayed evidence. Fortunately I have received a new pair of "Chrome" spectacles which seems to fix this problem. I can now see everything quite clearly!:)

Before proceeding with this case, I would like to ask for a temporary delay in the proceedings until a similar case has been heard in it's entirety. I believe the Case A011: State against Brynjolf Nielsen will determine which direction this court case follows. Thus in the interest of simplicity I request that the esteemed Court should run that trial first in order to speed this and other trials as the parameters of these trials are almost identical.

Thank you in advance.

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #12 on: 12 November, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
With the conclusion of Court Case A011, I believe that this case can be continued...

At this time my client, Lord Jaime Reed, the Count of Bolton and High Minister of the Royal Society of Britain, wishes to speak.

James turns and sits at his table, awaiting the arrival of his client.

(RIP) Jaime Reed

• General group
« Reply #13 on: 13 November, 2014, 12:14:12 AM »
Jaime rose from is seat and cleared his throat. Jaime took a few minutes to think as he peared out to the people of the courtroom. Then Jaime began to speak. Great magistrate I would like to start off by thanking my lawyer. My king tried his best to argue legality because the plain facts which I do not deny is I was in your territory.

Jaime cleared his throat and walked infront of the magistrates bench to continue.  I would like to apologize for any offense I might of brought for my ignorance. I put myself at the mercy of the court for I am a  simple man. I make soup for welfare prices for the people of my city and when called apon by my king I follow my duty and fight as I'm commanded. I crossed your territory because my wagon awaited after the fight in Polish lands.

Jamie wiped his brow and steadied his  voice. I am ignorant that I did not know at the time I was able to have access to your laws and announcment of Martial Law before I entered your territory also I did not stay long as I was only traveling. If you have any further questions I am at your disposal and humbly at your mercy.

Jaime bowed and then returned to his seat and awaited justice

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #14 on: 13 November, 2014, 06:53:15 AM »
Judge nods approvingly

Noble Sir Jaime, Court accepts your guilty plea, and will consider your motives when sentencing.
The floor is given to the prosecutor.
The Court finds that because the accused pleaded guilty and explained his motives in continuing the debate does not make sense. The prosecutor must deliver his final speech.

Ingame profile