Author Topic: Case A009: State against Slippery Stevee Bee  (Read 2861 times)

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
  • Honour: 3
  • Ataman of the Cossacks, King of Hungary
Case A009: State against Slippery Stevee Bee
« on: 06 November, 2014, 08:48:50 AM »
By the power of Law given to Kievans by our Grand Prince of Kiev Mao Chao and the power of Order blessed of Our Triune God, High Court of Kiev by own initiative start this prosecution against crimes committed by Slippery Stevee Bee.

Slippery Stevee Bee is accused of violating the Martial law of The Grand Principality of Kiev:

No foreign resident (except allied kingdoms) has the right to enter Principality of Kiev while Martial Law is active. Violating this article is reviewed in the court as a Capital Offence.

Prosecution will be represented by Sim Maatriks.

According procedure I must ask Slippery Stevee Bee if he want to appoint an Attorney or prefer defend by herself.
« Last Edit: 18 November, 2014, 11:39:50 AM by Valkon Gorthauer »
Forgive my translator from English, Sir Google: it is bad, but to me there is no one to replace him

Ingame profile

(RIP) Sim Maatriks

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: Case A009: State against Slippery Stevee Bee
« Reply #1 on: 06 November, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »
Your Honor, we have the proof that Slippery Stevee Bee has violated our law:

According to the Second Book of the Laws of the Grand Principality of Kiev,

No foreign resident (except allied kingdoms) has the right to enter Principality of Kiev while Martial Law is active.
Violating this article is reviewed in the court as a Capital Offence.

According to this, I ask for the following punishment for Slippery Stevee Bee:
Fine of 1000 siver coins and 3 days of imprisonment.

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 07 November, 2014, 12:01:10 AM »
Greetings Lords and Ladies of the court,

I have been appointed as defense council for my client in this case. You may proceed as planned.

Thank you.

James Balliot
Primary Partner in the Law Firm of Balliot, Balliot, Degarda, Soldano, Killian, Balliot, and Associates

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 07 November, 2014, 07:29:29 AM »
Sir Balliot, I authorize you to defend the accused as a Lawyer
You can talk and argue in defense.
Forgive my translator from English, Sir Google: it is bad, but to me there is no one to replace him

Ingame profile

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 07 November, 2014, 01:25:35 PM »
Thank you sir, however I believe that the Prosecution must reveal the evidence implicating my client before I can proceed.

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 07 November, 2014, 11:51:29 PM »
Upon further review, it would appear that my "Firefox" spectacles are indeed flawed when viewing the displayed evidence. Fortunately I have received a new pair of "Chrome" spectacles which seems to fix this problem. I can now see everything quite clearly!:)

Before proceeding with this case, I would like to ask for a temporary delay in the proceedings until a similar case has been heard in it's entirety. I believe the Case A011: State against Brynjolf Nielsen will determine which direction this court case follows. Thus in the interest of simplicity I request that the esteemed Court should run that trial first in order to speed this and other trials as the parameters of these trials are almost identical.

Thank you in advance.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 13 November, 2014, 10:39:04 AM »
Noble sir Lawyer, the court reminds you that the case A011, was reviewed, and all cases that are awaiting this, resumed.
The Court understands that you must be difficult to keep several things at once, but it was your choice - to become a lawyer at once in 6 cases.

Noble Lord James, the court awaits your speech. If you have nothing to say beyond what was said in the case A011, the court asked the prosecutor to pronounce his final speech.

Ingame profile

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 14 November, 2014, 12:22:54 AM »
Thank you honor for your kind words of concern for my workload. I will admit that the volume of tasks I have assigned at the moment is quite daunting. However, despite being the King of England, the Commander in Chief of the FUK Army, and the Grand-Poo-Bah of the London Lions' Club, I will always find time in my schedule to defend the good people of England and of course our Allies. To be honest anyone in Europe is free to hire the Law Office of Balliot, Balliot, Degarda, Killian, Soldano, Balliot and Partners if they feel an injustice has been brought upon them by any court in Europe, that includes our own.

Now...that being said...

I do have a prior engagement in London this weekend, you see the London Lions' Club will be handing out clothing, gifts, and food to the refugee children of Poland, who fleeing the War came by ship to England to seek safety. We are doing our best to keep them fed, clothed, and boarded within clean homes, but England is now overflowing to such a degree that I am told only a King's touch can resolve the situation. I will be seeing to this situation over the weekend and was hoping to be able to form my defense in this case on Monday.

Now I well understand this Court's preference for these trials to conclude so I will make this suggestion. I will forgo my first allowed defense of my client in return for an extension of the time before I am required to prepare my second allowed defense. So you can at this time move on to the Prosecutor's closing statements in this case and I will bring my closing statements on Monday...of course only if this arrangement is agreeable to the court.

Thank you for your consideration.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 14 November, 2014, 07:15:27 AM »
No, Sir James, the court can not meet your request.

Consideration of the case is too long. First we waited for the lawfulness of the laws of Kiev, then - the end of the case A011. The Court finds that you have had enough time to prepare for the line protection.
Now the court is waiting for your first defense speech. If you do not pronounce it, the court will assume that you have nothing to say in defense of the accused.

After that, the word will go to the prosecutor, who will be able to ask questions to the accused, or, if not deemed necessary, will go to the final speech of the prosecution.
After that word again goes to you for your final speech protection. What day of the week it happens - on Sunday, Monday or Wednesday - will depend only on the needs of the court.
After the judge announced the verdict.

The Court also reminds you, Sir James, that according to the rules of the court, the judge, unlike you, have to constantly located at the courthouse. The judge, in the meantime, there are many other cases. Because of these processes, the judge was forced to miss the battle of Mazovia, and does not participate in the defense of the capital of Albania, as required by his honor and duty. However, becoming a judge, the judge undertook obligations, and executes them. When you, noble sir, became a lawyer, you too have made commitments. If you can not do them properly, your client can defend themselves.

So, Sir James, the court listens to you. Do you what to say in defense of your client?

Ingame profile

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 15 November, 2014, 01:08:17 PM »
Because lawyer does not respond within 24 hours, the court finds that the lawyer has nothing to say.
The floor is given to the prosecutor.
The prosecutor may ask questions of the defendant, or, if this is not necessary, proceed to the final speech the prosecution.

Ingame profile

(RIP) Sim Maatriks

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 16 November, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »
Sorry for the delay, Your Honor.

Well, all the evidences have been presented so I have nothing more to add.

Thank you.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 16 November, 2014, 12:54:08 PM »
The floor is given to the lawyer for pronouncing the final speech protection.
After that, the court will issue a verdict.

Ingame profile

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #12 on: 17 November, 2014, 06:50:14 AM »
I am sorry but I am attempting to find my client so that they make their plea in person as we have in the other cases, but communication over the last few days has been difficult. Would the court be so kind as to give my client a short extension in which to speak? They should be along shortly.

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #13 on: 17 November, 2014, 10:09:29 AM »
No, Sir James. The Court considers that this will only delay the already protracted process.
If your client can not comment, it should make you, as a lawyer.
I beg you, noble lord, speak.

Ingame profile

Valkon Gorthauer

• General group
« Reply #14 on: 18 November, 2014, 10:16:13 AM »
Since the Defendant is silent for 24 hours, the court finds that he has nothing to say.

The judge heard everything that was said, and took into account all the facts, arguments and evidence.

A judge must carefully consider all the circumstances of the case. The verdict will be announced within 24 hours.

Ingame profile