Author Topic: Archery Contest #1  (Read 2967 times)

(RIP) Arn Magnusson

• Local Moderator
  • Honour: 0
Re: Archery Contest #1
« Reply #15 on: 30 August, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »
"Archers to the ready" the page calls and once more to contestant move to shoot

A mild breeze in the air today should yield some fine results the tension of competition however may break the concentration.

"First to shoot Christoforo" the page yells

Bailiff Cristoforo Manfredi, archer (BONUS apply +1)

2. (roll 6 + 1) Bulls-eye   (roll 6) = 10 points Bulls-eye

Total 19 points , 2 bulls-eyes

The arrows flies trough the air with tremendous speed and hit the target with a loud SMACK ... DEAD CENTER
A shot to become legend indeed.

"That is 2 times bulls-eye for Christoforo" The page informs excitedly clearly caught up in the game as everyone else

Arn smiles proudly and approvingly at his master archer, for indeed Arns have rarely seen such skill anywhere.

Sir Arn Magnusson

2. (roll 5 ) inner circle   (roll 4) = 7 points

Total 16 points, 1 bulls-eye

In spite of the competition reaching is end and of such a winner Matteo is all cheerful. Arn can help admiring the priest for his happy demeanor and of cause his skill.

Matteo Lubiano,  chaplain

2. (roll 5 ) inner circle   (roll 4) = 7 points

Total 12 points, 0 bulls-eye

"not bad eh" Matteo says happily and looks to the heavens and makes a holy gesture

*I have allowed myself the right to act on the characters behalf even though its against the rules just to get a flow in the competition writing. I hope you do not mind*

Cristoforo Manfredi

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #16 on: 30 August, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »
Cristoforo was very excited : his arrows had been shooted with a great accuracy of fire, but the race was not still finished and sir Arn was behind him.
The chaplain too, he was obtening good results.

"A last effort " thought him.

Matteo Lubiani

• General group
« Reply #17 on: 01 September, 2014, 01:25:54 PM »
Matteo was satisfied. It was the first time for him : he never had participated to an archery tournament before, and he was really glad for his performance.

" Heaven is with me " , smiled the chaplain , looking at his competitors .

(RIP) Arn Magnusson

• Local Moderator
« Reply #18 on: 01 September, 2014, 05:42:48 PM »
"aaaaand now ladies and gentlemen" the page roars

"it is time to find a winner. Each shooter will get ONE more try to win the day"

Bailiff Cristoforo Manfredi, archer (BONUS apply +1)

3. (roll 6 + 1) Bulls-eye   (roll 1) = 9 points Bulls-eye

Total 28 points , 3 bulls-eyes

"Incredible !" the page yells as a cheer is heard from the crowd
"another center shot for Bailiff Cristoforo Manfredi"

Among the contestant the spirit is high. N one really seems to care at this point who actually wins. The shooting in the last round have been close and all can be proud of their achievements.

Sir Arn Magnusson

2. (roll 4 ) outer circle   (roll 5) = 6 points

Total 22 points, 1 bulls-eye

A decent shot but not good enough to win the day Arn thought but still pleased with his performance.

Matteo Lubiano,  chaplain

2. (roll 3 ) outer circle   (roll 5) = 5 points

Total 17 points, 0 bulls-eye

"AND WE HAVE WINNER !" The page is all excited and the audience is likewise ecstatic with the result.
"With 3 arrows, all dead center, the winner of this archery contest is : Bailiff Cristoforo Manfredi"

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
  • Every day, a great day !
« Reply #19 on: 09 September, 2014, 11:33:30 PM »
Costance remained till the end of the tournament ; she was curious to know the winner and when she saw Cristoforo's shot , she was almost sure that he would have been the first classified .
that young man was very good in archery and his arrows had almost a magical power in his hands.
The queen stood up and she nodded to her guards that it was time to come back to the Palace , but she asked to meet the winner before for congratulating with him and Sir Arn for thanking him for the interesting event he had organised.

"Archery is more than a duty , Sir Cristoforo, it is  a passion for you : this is evident. Congratulations for the race , I'm very impressed by your ability" , she said to the winner.

"Sir Arn , I hope it will not be the last competition ....our people is grateful to you for the diversions organised in these last days .
I have to go now, but my Captain, feel free to come and see me at palace for talking about your next projects . Winter is coming and people get bored without games, tournaments or endless stories to talk about.
she said looking at him and smiling to the crowd around them .

Day dawned , and Costance directed her steps towards the town ....that day infused new joy into her soul .

« Last Edit: 09 September, 2014, 11:35:06 PM by Costance D'hauteville »

(RIP) Arn Magnusson

• Local Moderator
« Reply #20 on: 16 September, 2014, 11:18:13 PM »
Arn was enjoying the queen attention and very pleased with the outcome of this latest tournament.

So far riders have shown their skill and like so the archers. Next in order, the melee fighting.

"My queen" Arn began "another contest will follow. A contest of the blade and skills in combat." Arn look at the queen and quickly added  "A valiant but non lethal contest naturally"

The day was over and Christiforo not only won the fame and glory but a word of encouragement from his queen.