Author Topic: Infirmary  (Read 1733 times)

(RIP) Arn Magnusson

• Local Moderator
  • Honour: 0
Infirmary
« on: 28 July, 2014, 11:59:04 PM »
Wounded soldiers can apply for treatment here.

A person skilled in medicine will be chosen to lead this infirmary.

*roleplay and request of healing pills*

(RIP) Arn Magnusson

• Local Moderator
Re: Infirmary
« Reply #1 on: 31 July, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »
Arn oversees the final finishing touches to the infirmary. Surgical instruments, beds for the wounded and all kinds of nick nacks are being place in the right shelves.

After issuing a few orders Arn reaches into his pocket and takes out a letter and reads it one more time.

Sir Arn, it's a pleasure and honour for me to serve the Royal Army with my job.
 I'm ready to have my office and to cure all soldiers of our kingdom.
 Count on me,

best regards,
 Laura De Lanza

Arn smiles pleased, making his scars less visible, while thinking to himself "One medic to mend the wounded check. This fine army will grow in size and everyone can do his/her part in some way or another. An army is more than soldiers afterall."

Arns leaves the room humming a catchy tune

Laura De Lanza

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 01 August, 2014, 02:27:20 PM »
At the end iof the day , before going to rest ,Laura entered in her new office.: the infirmary . Everything was in order , one gallery exhibited the pictures of her predecessors , flambeaux and aromatic lamps were lighted in open day.
An immense garden ,where flowers and medical herbs diffused different odours, was just behind the office.
Laura was happy to start her new activity as doctor of Royal Army : " I hope to see a few people ...but if heaven has selected me for treating wounded soldiers , I'll do my best for giving them assistance ", she thought .

Chancellor - Kingdom of Denmark
Drill Master - VARMLAND
Countess - OPPLAND

(RIP) Arn Magnusson

• Local Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »
Its midday and the sun shines brightly on what now really seems to be an organized army.

New buildings have been erected and small tents are seen in several of clusters around the field.

Today Arn is heading to a specific building, the infirmary, to see Laura De Lanza taking up her office of chief medical officer.

As Arns enters he knocks on the door seeing Laura taking the the new office.

"Greetings mylady" Arns says cheerfully as walks towards her.

"I am most grateful that you have accepted the duty as our angel of mercy. To help and relieve the alements of others is indeed a noble goal in life

It is therefor I grant you this rank and insignia and with it. an explain of what I expect of you and the office from this day forth.

Priority one is naturally to heal or restore our soldiers to good health in case the need arises.

Secondly you are to train other like minded individuals in the arts of healing and promote and demote them as you see fit.

Ranks above field medic has to be discussed with me however for the time being.

It is a pleasure indeed to have you here mylady to tend to the wounded.

Congratulations Chief Medical Officer Laura de Lanza"

(RIP) Arn Magnusson

• Local Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 03 August, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »
After the visit with Axel Arn hurries to see Laura at the infirmary.

"Mylady Chief medical officer" Arn begins taking in a breath "the queen will be participating in the archery tournament and everything must be in order for her stay here.
We have to be able to treat any injury which can befall her"

Not quite aware of how silly he sounds Arn just looks at Laura looking for reassurance.

Laura De Lanza

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 08 August, 2014, 07:05:01 PM »
Sir Arn seemed to be very agitated about the Queen safety and health .
Laura looked at him and said : " Be sure my lord, I'll do my best ...but don't worry , our Queen knows how to take care of herself .
I know a remedy my Lord for calming you , a good cup of ale .
I think I'll use this remedy for wounded soldiers to distract them from their pains "- Laura smiled.
"Come on and sit down for a few minutes , Sir Arn, before coming back to your duties .
Drink something and tell me where I can find a good herbalist for preparing some potions very important for my infirmary."
Laura offered to drink to the captain, observing his nervous expression .

« Last Edit: 08 August, 2014, 07:07:14 PM by Laura De Lanza »

Chancellor - Kingdom of Denmark
Drill Master - VARMLAND
Countess - OPPLAND

(RIP) Arn Magnusson

• Local Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 08 August, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »
Arn stop for a minute and then smiles
"You are right .. maybe I have been a bit ... on egde" Arn accepts the offered drink and sits to talk with Laura

"I do believe.." Arn says after a drink of the ale "that our chaplain has some experience with herbs and such. I would recommend you go see him.

And if that isent so, then we will have purchase what we need"

Arn feels comfortable here and is having a good time talking to Laura, and the nervousness seems to fade.