Author Topic: [International] The mystery of a death  (Read 894 times)

(RIP) Alexandru Brancoveanu

• General group
  • Honour: 0
[International] The mystery of a death
« on: 31 May, 2014, 01:33:57 AM »

I had a great life thanks to my family,  that is no secret. My father was one of the most trusted man of the king,  may God forgive his sins. Unfortunately my mother died when I was young.  But that is history,  a history that I wrote in my biography.  Still, after my father died I always wanted to know why and how. The message I got was very short and direct: "Your father died". I don't know who sent it to me and why, but that is the reason I am writing this journal. 
Anyway,  I became a judge not so long ago. Obviously I had to do paperwork,  and I find it very difficult and boring. I have the habit of taking many long breaks and explore all the book shafts of my office. I like to read things, any kind of things. Yesterday I was taking my usual break and found an old book about the so called " Order of the Dragon" Of course I've started reading it. Going through the pages I've found a name several times, the name of my father,  Draco Regnus. Seems he was a relatively new member in the order but he had a great activity in the order. In the book I found a note, my father's handwriting that states something about the Teutonic order. The note was half burned,  and I couldn't understand it. But I got a clue about a main base and that country. Possibly that the Order of the Dragon wanted to establish a base there. Also, in the bok I've found another interesting name,  Draculea Vladislav, the former king of Wallachia. My question is what was the purpose of that order and how did this book get in my office. I wanted answers and quickly,  so I've sent a scroll to my King:
Good day my liege,  I recently found this book about the Order of the Dragon,  and I am courious about it. Can you share some intelligence about it?

I had work to do so I patiently waited for the answer. I didn't mention anything about the burned note, I didn't want to get in trouble,  I am a smart person, I can figure it out by myself.

(RIP) Alexandru Brancoveanu

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: [International] The mystery of a death
« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2014, 07:48:49 PM »
The King took his time to answer, and because I hate waiting, I spent my night in the Academy of Turn to find my desired answers. It was a very long night, a beautiful one, the moon was sparkling on the sky. The academy was frightening in the light of the candles from the desk I worked on. I was tired, so I got a bucket of water to wash my sleepy face if needed. Despite my long search I could find nothing of interest about my father or about the Order of the Dragon. Many questions passed trough my mind, about my father, about the order and about their goal. I didn't have answers for these questions, but I remembered that my father was the Captain of Turn. In that moment my face was sparkling and it seemed that I instantly woke up. I got something to trace. In the morning I went straight to the Barracks. The building was guarded by 2 spearmans, it was still the night shift. I requested permission to enter, and I got it without any problems. I didn't want anyone to know my purpose there, so I held a low profile. Soon I found myself in the office of the Guard Captain. I quickly closed the massive wooden door behind me and searched chaotically trough the documents. In a few moments I heard some footsteps. The door slowly opened. Even a child could read the fear on my terrified face. A guard entered the room and without blinking pointed his spear towards me and shouted 'Halt!'. I pulled myself together and replied: "Wait! I am the Judge of Turn, I was searching a document that the Guard Captain forgot to send me". The guard put his spear down, and bowed before me: 'Sorry my liege, I didn't recognize you. May I help you?'. I felt just like a stone was taken off my back. "No, I found it." and raised an empty scroll. "You can go back to your duty.". I knew that the shift would change soon and therefore the Captain would come. While I was putting back the documents I found a scroll for my father. "I hit a gold mine" I whispered.

I got fast to my house and read the paper with a curious expression. Soon enough lots of curse words could be heard from my room. The scroll was encrypted. I found nothing of value until I found the translation. "So I must find someone who knows this code. But who could know this code except the members of the order?"