Author Topic: (Closed RP) The Return  (Read 1407 times)

David von Habsburg

• General group
  • Honour: 1
  • The world is not enough
(Closed RP) The Return
« on: 20 April, 2014, 01:18:11 AM »
This RP is restricted to the following people (to be added when required):
  • David II
  • Meffistoe Lannister

David dismounts the camel, to rest at an oasis in the Egyptian desert.

The past few months have been nothing short of enlightening. Initially a journey to the Far East in search of the Pagan Goddess Batiara (RP Thread link: http://rpforum.medieval-europe.eu/index.php/topic,9210.0.html), it dragged so long that David eventually had to write back to name a new successor to the Savoyard throne. But the journey took him to places unknown, peoples unknown, and languages unknown to the typical Austrian, or for that measure the typical European. David still cannot believe he went through all that.

Most surprising was the moment when he encountered a divine presence on the Himalayan mountains. David was left unconscious for up to 3 days, those at the temple told him when he woke up. No one around him could explain what phenomenon it was. Until today, David cannot remember all the content of that conversation with this apparition, but one thing he remembers: to go back to the West and search for the pyramids. David therefore embarked upon the journey to Egypt in search of answers.

And indeed, upon the first sight of the pyramids of Giza, David suddenly had a recollection of another part of the apparition's instructions: "In the delta a temple sits, in the temple you shall sit, the old pillars will fall, and the new pillars will rise." David was compelled to follow that instruction and located the delta of river Nile.

"Right ahead after this oasis, will be the city of Cairo. And there I will find the answers." David tells himself.

As he drinks from the clear waters of the oasis lake, David reflects upon his life on earth. From his waking up in Osterreich to claiming thrones to conquering lands, David has committed many sins and many wrongs. It was only upon discovering the influence of Batiara that David was made aware of the spiritual realm. He was about to give up on the signs of Batiara when he encountered the divine presence on the mountains. Perhaps Batiara wanted him to meet this apparition, David thought. I wonder what the future holds for me.

David remounts his camel and into the wilderness again the camel walks.

(RIP) Meffistoe Lannister

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: (Closed RP) The Return
« Reply #1 on: 20 April, 2014, 12:23:59 PM »
Meanwhile the Hand of the King Meffistoe looks out of his castle window and reflects the past few months of his reign as king.
He thought about his public argument with the primodor as he gazed at the tall spires of the holy seat.
being excommunicated from the faith has taken a toll on the Lannister man. he saw a trail of camels leaving the building
and he wondered what was going on....

The primodor Kayafa and his retinue are leaving the holy seat. that is odd. he has been inside the palace for a few months
ever since the clash between the mystics and the pagans.

David von Habsburg

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 20 April, 2014, 11:39:16 PM »
Finally, the city of Cairo.

David enters the famed city of the Mamluks, and instantly he was led by a divine awareness to the site of a great grey temple with four huge pillars. The pillars and the temple seem to be grey with dust and from far it seems to be smoked. It was not a pretty sight.

All around the temple David see sick people writhing in pain and the poor begging for money. The doors of the temple were unmanned and David walked into the deserted temple. Its last visitors left in a hurry, judging by mess left behind.

David suddenly had another recollection of the apparition's instructions: "...the old pillars will fall in flames, and the new pillars will rise in glory." Under a command of a spiritual trance, David picked up the nearest beacon of fire and lit the temple on fire.

The entire temple was engulfed in flames, but something miraculous happened... a great storm came almost immediately and washed the flames away. And David stood facing the temple as the dust and smoke cleared away to reveal a beautiful shining white temple.

Indeed, the new pillars will rise in glory.
« Last Edit: 20 April, 2014, 11:41:59 PM by David II »

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 21 April, 2014, 04:04:38 PM »
Suddenly flames burst from the huge temple !!!
what is going on here  ??! meffistoe called the royal guards to help extinguish the flames but by the time
they were effective, the holy seat was a shell of itself.  who will lead the parish now ?
who will take Meffistoe back to the bosom of the faith.

David von Habsburg

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 21 April, 2014, 04:13:56 PM »
In front of the temple David stands as he recalls another part of the instructions:

"In the delta a temple sits, in the temple you shall sit, the old pillars will fall in flames, and the new pillars will rise in glory.

The Mystical Church you will lead, from the West and the East the faithful will follow, David von Habsburg is no more, David II come to the fore!"

David stood in front of the crowd that had gathered, as he proclaims aloud: From today, call me David II (the second), on this very land I will start a new church, built in the ashes of a fallen church. I will lead a new movement - follow me and we will change this world!

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 21 April, 2014, 04:24:46 PM »
Meffistoe stood in awe of this person. he can see a future in the ashes left behind.
"I wish to follow you back to the faith young leader"
Meffistoe stands shoulder to shoulder with David II and whispers in his ear
"rule well young master and you will be famous forever if you rebuild from this chaos"
« Last Edit: 21 April, 2014, 04:31:36 PM by Meffistoe Lannister »

David von Habsburg

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 21 April, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
David stood as the crowd around him starts being inspired by the miracle of the temple. He could feel the passion in their hearts and their concerns - with prestige, money, health, love and life. He felt a strange stirring in his heart as he prepares himself to become the leader of this religious movement.

As Meffistoe steps forward, he was intrigued by what the famous man of the East was about to say. David nods to the well dressed man, and beckons Meffistoe to follow David into the temple to discuss affairs of the new church.

(RIP) Black Smith

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #7 on: 26 April, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
This is enough!

You are out of line Lord Meffistoe. Have you forgotten what has passed between this Church and the Mamluk crown?
I will hear about the Mystical Church no more!

That night the king's sleep eluded him… When finally slept, he dreamed of a snake like no other. Out of the temple he came and darkness came with him covering Cairo like a dark and un-holy blanket. Big he was, with sharp fangs and every move he made shook the ground. Out of the desert a man came with a sword in his hand, he stood his ground calling to the Mystical God and with one stroke of the sword the snake was no more.
The man in the dream looked at the king, and the King new what has to be done!

GUARD! Called the king, send for the hand of the King, I will see this new priest…This David
King Black of house Smith

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 27 April, 2014, 10:10:43 PM »
Meffistoe turns to David and asks him to acompeny him to the king. as they walk together they enter the king's privet garden.
"this is the man my king, this is the man who wishes to rebuild and clean the mystic faith . Let us trust this man from over seas."

David von Habsburg

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 28 April, 2014, 12:31:31 AM »
David follows Meffistoe to meet the king. He nods at Meffistoe's words and says, King Smith, my pleasure to meet you and my gratitude for the hospitality of your fine kingdom. I hope I have not offended your highness when I burnt the rotten church down and created a congregation at the town square.

David goes on to discuss his background. I was born in the Alps, where Milan currently rules, bordering my previous kingdom of Savoy. I was educated and trained in Austria where I built my career in diplomacy. It was a year ago when I went on a journey to the Far East in search of Pagan inspirations. But a strange apparition commanded me to come to this land and lead this church.

And then he explains his vision. This church that I burnt will not be the same when I rebuild it. It will worship no god, and it will not focus on the afterlife. To do these things, there are already many religions in Europe. Our church - the Mystical Church - will worship the human spirit - "aura", and focus on the present life.

Within all of us, is AURA, a natural strength and power to do great things. As we look upon the pyramids that your predecessors built, we see the display of AURA. We worship this - aura - and we use it to help ourselves become greater. We study the past to learn how to command aura, we visit places of pilgrimage to absorb aura, and we collect relics to channel aura.

Every person in the world can benefit from the Mystic understanding of the present life through aura. That means that this church will not be another religion to compete with other churches in Europe. Because it worships no god, and focuses on the present life, it is COMPLEMENTARY to every other religion. In fact, I continue to draw inspiration from my pagan gods who probably made it possible for me to discover this church and this philosophy. We will work with the other churches to improve humankind, we will live in peace with other religions and my church will not interfere with religious wars.

Let this church be the light of humankind. Let the Mystics teach the world how to use aura to create better life. And King Smith, let us together bring glory to the proud city of Cairo!
« Last Edit: 28 April, 2014, 12:36:47 AM by David II »