Author Topic: Roman Republic vs. Pretziosa de Bas Serra  (Read 793 times)

(RIP) Duncan Hamilton

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Roman Republic vs. Pretziosa de Bas Serra
« on: 19 September, 2012, 01:49:34 AM »
Roman Republic vs. Pretziosa de Bas Serra

I don't like this court hall. There's strange letters above the entrance that I don't understand and it smells like donkey's pish in here. But my dungone is lacking a smell of rotten flesh so there it goes:

<Duncan unflods a small blood stained and old scroll and reads out>

I, Guard Captain of Rome - Duncan Hamilton, start this trial in the matter of Rome Republic vs Pretziosa de Bas Serra. The various roles for this Court Case have been assigned by me and will be as follows:

Magistrate: George Killian
Prosecution: James Balliot
Defendant: Pretziosa de Bas Serra

The Defendant may assign his own Defense Attorney or he may act as his own Defense for this case.

The Prosecution may now proceed with this Court Case by reading the charge and presenting it’s evidence…

Blah, blah blah ... now get on with it and send that rat to my torture chamber!

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
Re: Roman Republic vs. Pretziosa de Bas Serra
« Reply #1 on: 19 September, 2012, 02:25:59 PM »
Thank you Sir Duncan.

I will attempt to be brief in my statements during the course of the trial as we know there is a backlog of cases and I shall be a busy man for the next few days.:)

The defendant, Pretziosa de Bas Serra, of the Italic nation of Sardinia has been accused of breaking the following Statutes of the  Laws of the Roman Republic

Statute 5 - Foreign Soldiers and Enemy Combatants

Proclaimed by: George Killian, Vassal - of
Proclaimed on: 02-July-1312

Article I. Foreign Soldiers - It is unlawful for foreigner soldiers or militia to wear armor or weapons within the city limits.

Those accused will have all of their market items temporarily confiscated from the market and be barred from leaving the city until a trial is convened. Individuals found guilty will be fined 100 silver pieces. Failure to pay the fine will result in two days of imprisonment and permanent confiscation of all the guilty party's market items.

Article II. Enemy Combatants - Any person within the city limits suspected of being an enemy combatant to Rome or her allies may be detained for up to two days while their intentions can be ascertained. Evidence of being an enemy combatant includes, but is not limited to, having previously engaged in battles against Rome or her allies; being a citizen of a country with current or eminent hostile intentions toward Rome or her allies; aligning oneself through words, actions or association with enemies of Rome or her allies.

Those accused will have all of their market items temporarily confiscated from the market and be barred from leaving the city until a trial is convened. Individuals found guilty will be punished by confiscation of all market goods and either three days of imprisonment or fine of 1,500 silver pieces.

Statute 6 - Closed Borders to Enemies of Rome

Proclaimed by: George Killian, Vassal - of
Proclaimed on: 02-July-1312

Article I - Foreign Hostile States
The borders of Rome are closed to any citizens from Foreign Hostile States (see list below).

Current Foreign Hostile States of Rome:
Venice
Siena
Sardinia

Any citizen of a Foreign Hostile State found within the borders Rome will be punished by confiscation of all market items and either imprisonment for two days or a fine of 1,000 silver pieces.

As evidence, I will submit Article A:

It is clear by looking at this evidence that the defendant is breaking the both the laws of Statute 5 and 6.

The Defense may now proceed with their case...

(RIP) Duncan Hamilton

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 19 September, 2012, 02:47:59 PM »
I inform that Pretziosa de Bas Serra has left Rome after this trial was started and her 48 hrs restrain order finished despite being informed (in game) about this trial and how she was barred from leaving Rome untill it was finished. She ran like a rat from the sewer. I would be running too if I was her hahaha.

Following this events only one verdict may be ruled: Guilty!!! booooooo
Magistrate can now rule a sentence!

(RIP) George Killian

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 19 September, 2012, 11:36:30 PM »
As per the rules set forth by the Supreme Court of Europe I have no choice other than to find the accused guilt on all accounts.

http://wiki.medieval-europe.eu/index.php/En_US_TheTrial
NOTE: It is possible for the Trial to continue past the 48 hour window of a Restrain act. Once a Restrain act has been lifted, the defendant should not leave town while his Trial is still active or the Trial will end immediately with a Guilty verdict automatically administered.

I find the accused guilty of violations of Articles I and II of Statute 5 as well as Article I of Statute 6.

Violation of these laws carries a punishment of 3 days imprisonment or a fine of 2500 silver pieces.

In addition the accused is fined an non-optional fee of 100 silver to be paid immediately (within 72 hours of the end of this trial) for violating Article I of Statue 5. This fee is to be deposited in the Castle in Rome or mailed to George Killian.

The accused, Pretziosa de Bas Serra, is considered a fugitive from Rome and an arrest warrant will be drawn up imminently.
« Last Edit: 20 September, 2012, 12:06:38 AM by George Killian »