Author Topic: The Parish Church At Lothian  (Read 2803 times)

(RIP) Bruce Enderson

• General group
  • Honour: 0
  • Regent of the Scottish Confederacy
The Parish Church At Lothian
« on: 17 March, 2012, 06:18:28 AM »
Being under the direction of the Bishop at London, Becca Suardi, I give this little place to the Deacon in Lothian, Annan D'Lochlain so that he may use it, man, to perform Mass in the tradition that his predecessors did, to give daily prayer, hear confession, and make known the will of God to us, and be a vessel unto the Papa for our sakes, and be His ambassador to the people of Scotland from hence, and also an advocate to God-fearing Christians like myself, charged with the education of, and preservation of our souls.

Birthdays, Baptisms, and Handfastings are special occasions, constituting an eventful thread of their own.  Amen.

Deacon, you are herein given free reign so that His kingdom may be made manifest in Lothian during these, the Last Days.
[this thread may be stickied so that it's easily retrieved if you request it so]
God bless you in this endeavor.

(RIP) Annan D' Lochlain

• General group
  • Deus Lex Et Rex
Re: The Parish Church At Lothian
« Reply #1 on: 18 March, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »
The Lord almighty grant us a quiet night and a perfect end.
Amen.

Our help is in the name of the Lord
who made heaven and earth.

A period of silence for reflection on the past day may follow.

The following or other suitable words of penitence may be used.

Most merciful God,
we confess to you,
before the whole company of heaven and one another,
that we have sinned in thought, word and deed
and in what we have failed to do.
Forgive us our sins,
heal us by your Spirit
and raise us to new life in Christ. Amen.

O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.

Glory to the Father and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit;
as it was in the beginning is now
and shall be for ever. Amen.

The following or other suitable hymn may be sung.

Before the ending of the day,
Creator of the world, we pray
That you, with steadfast love, would keep
Your watch around us while we sleep.

From evil dreams defend our sight,
From fears and terrors of the night;
Tread underfoot our deadly foe
That we no sinful thought may know.

O Father, that we ask be done
Through Jesus Christ, your only Son;
And Holy Spirit, by whose breath
Our souls are raised to life from death.

« Last Edit: 18 March, 2012, 12:20:23 AM by Annan D\\\'lochlain »

(RIP) Annan D' Lochlain

• General group
  • Deus Lex Et Rex
« Reply #2 on: 19 March, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »
Evening Prayer
Lent
Monday, 19 March 1312
Joseph of Nazareth

O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.

Hear our voice, O Lord, according to your faithful love,
according to your judgement give us life.

One or more of the following is said or sung:

this or another prayer of thanksgiving

Blessed are you, Lord God of our salvation,
to you be glory and praise for ever.
In the darkness of our sin you have shone in our hearts
to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God
in the face of Jesus Christ.
Open our eyes to acknowledge your presence,
that freed from the misery of sin and shame
we may grow into your likeness from glory to glory.
Blessed be God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Blessed be God for ever.

Amen

(RIP) Bruce Enderson

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 19 March, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »
Amen; "Deacon? (I am neither a Catholic, or extraordinarily learned Christian in real life) Is today the first of Lent?  Help to guide me - would I, being perhaps overly partial to cheese lately because it's very practical, forego consuming it 40 days?  Would that be ordinarily appropriate?"

(RIP) Alfonz De Gaul

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #4 on: 20 March, 2012, 10:22:15 PM »
Bruce, cousin, lent began on Wednesday, 22 February, and ends on Thursday, 5 April.

So keep buying my cheese!

(RIP) Bruce Enderson

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 21 March, 2012, 12:11:42 AM »
"Argh!" Bruce feigns great mental agony, "But I should endeavor to be a more faithful and observant Christian all of this year until the next Lent is upon us - with the careful instruction of our Deacon that is."

- munch munch munch  :D

(RIP) Annan D' Lochlain

• General group
  • Deus Lex Et Rex
« Reply #6 on: 31 March, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »
Glory to the Father and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit;
as it was in the beginning is now
and shall be for ever. Amen.

(RIP) Bruce Enderson

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 31 March, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »
Bruce bowed his head respectfully, and afterward thanked the Deacon.
"Is there any sort of observance I should make?  Should I have communion?"
"I eat fish soup yesterday, it being Friday.  Is this ordinarily appropriate? Or is it only certain Fridays?"

(RIP) Bruce Enderson

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 07 April, 2012, 07:30:04 PM »
Bruce, ever the curious but faithful Christian, knowing that it was the Sabbath day permitted his only surviving sister, Raonaid, to fill a bath for him.  He was washed, and his beard very barbered.  Mata, his late wife's brother who had stayed on and been a help meet to him dried him all over with a cotton woven towel, and applied a peaty perfume afterward which was real akin to that of whiskey.  Then, with the help of no less than one dozen of his nephews, he donned his best (albeit stiff) woolen coat.  Silver,, this was, having buttons, and trimmed in an iron grey all over, and with flared cuffs so that his hands were not constricted.  To this his best Anderson blue, and his familial badge correct, and a swath of fur was attached at the breast.  His beard was now woven, and clipped behind his buckle at the waist.

And verily, he was the nearly the first to arrive at Mass, and the last to leave.  Excepting the Deacon of course. This day he grieved more so than other days for his deceased wife, missing her no less even though a great deal of time had passed, and spent the better half of an hour Interceding for her - but this was probably unnecessary.  She had been, and presumably still (in the Kingdom of God) a better Christian than he would ever be.  Afterward, he loitered in the yard with the other lads, and smoked with them so that they could discuss all of the current events in the world.

Finally, they roughhoused a little, decided that maybe Bruce was getting on in his years and wasn't the most limber of them, but was unimpeachably still the biggest, and the strongest among their number.  And everybody went home for soup and homemade cheese left over from the day before.

That was a pretty typical day of rest for him.  He liked to think that it pleased God, too.
« Last Edit: 07 April, 2012, 07:32:01 PM by Bruce Enderson »

(RIP) Eleonor Alvarez Cardona

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 26 June, 2012, 09:58:51 PM »
Las calles de Edimburgo se oscurecían con la caída de la tarde. Las primeras antorchas encendidas disputaban a la oscuridad el inminente reinado de la noche, cuando las sombras temblorosas que se esparcían por el suelo enfangado se desvanecerían como fantasmas.  Ajena a las miradas de los pocos escoceses con los que se cruzaba, Eleonor parecía más preocupada por no ensuciarse el vestido que por el inminente viaje de regreso que tendría que comenzar apenas terminara una última visita, atravesando la oscuridad y desafiando los peligros de la noche.

La iglesia se alzaba en medio del caótico entramado de casas de madera y callejuelas imposibles que se arremolinaban a su alrededor. La piedra y la madera con la que estaba construída apenas bastaba para sostener la pequeña campana que anunciaba las Vísperas  justo en el momento en que Eleonor entraba en el edificio. Cruzó las puertas con paso firme y se detuvo para que sus ojos se acostumbraran a una oscuridad más profunda pero también diferente, una oscuridad que se mezclaba con un profundo silencio como si formara parte de él.

Retiró la capucha de su capa para liberar sus cabellos, mojó sus dedos en el agua bendita de una pila cercana y señaló con la cruz el lugar donde latía su corazón. Avanzó hacia el altar lentamente, casi deslizándose por la piedra del suelo, temiendo que el roce de su vestido pudiera interrumpir la quietud de la rodeaba. Se arrodilló delante del altar iluminado por las velas y se santiguó cerrando los ojos y entrelazando sus dedos. Dejó vagar sus pensamientos unos momentos y luego rezó susurrando una oración:

Dominus reget me et nihil mihi deerit
in loco pascuae ibi; me conlocavit super aquam
refectionis educavit me
Animam meam convertit deduxit me
super semitas iustitiae propter nomen suum nam
et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis
non timebo mala quoniam tu mecum es
virga tua et baculus tuus
ipsa me consolata sunt (1)

Suspiró y se puso en pié, santiguándose de nuevo. Se aproximó al altar y encendió una vela para que su pequeña llama siguiera alumbrando ese Reino para cuando ella ya no estuviera. Ocultó su cabello con la capucha de su capa, se giró para dirigirse a la puerta y salió de la iglesia.
Su alma estaba en paz y eso era lo único que importaba.

-------------------

[Google translator]

The streets of Edinburgh were darkened with the fall of the afternoon. The first lit brands disputed to the darkness the imminent reign of the night, when the trembling shades that were spread by the gotten muddy floor would disappear as ghosts.  Unaware to the looks of the few Scots with those that crossed, Eleonor seemed more concerned for not getting dirty the dress that hardly finished a last visit for the imminent return trip that would have to begin, crossing the darkness and challenging the dangers of the night.

The church ran off with amid the chaotic lattice of wooden houses and impossible back streets that whirled around it. The stone and the wood with which was built was hardly enough to sustain the small bell that announced the Visperae just in the moment in that Eleonor entered the building. She crossed the doors slowly and stopped so that her eyes got used to a more deep but also different darkness, a darkness that mixed with a deep silence as if it was part of it.
She retired the hood of her cloak to liberate her hairs, she wet their fingers in the blessed water of a near pile and pointed out with the cross the place where her heart beat. She advanced slowly toward the altar, almost slipping for the stone of the floor, fearing that the close contact of her dress could interrupt the quietly that surrounded her. She knelt down before the altar illuminated by the candles, crossing herself and closing the eyes and intertwining her fingers. She allowed to wander their thoughts some moments and then she prayed whispering a quiet pray:

Dominus reget me et nihil mihi deerit
in loco pascuae ibi; me conlocavit super aquam
refectionis educavit me
Animam meam convertit deduxit me
super semitas iustitiae propter nomen suum nam
et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis
non timebo mala quoniam tu mecum es
virga tua et baculus tuus
ipsa me consolata sunt (1)

She sighed and stood up, crossing herself again. She approached to the altar and lit a candle so that its light could continue lighting that Kingdom for when she was no longer there. she hid their hair with the hood of their cloak, turned to go to the door and it left the church.
Her soul was in peace and that was the only thing that it cared.

(1) Psalm 23  / Vulgata psalm 22 - circa 1455

(RIP) Annan D' Lochlain

• General group
  • Deus Lex Et Rex
« Reply #10 on: 12 August, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »
It is wit honor that i announce the new Parish Priest of Lothian, Hazel Bowman, i indeed hope all goes well with the seminar and you become a fully fledged priest.

May the lord guide you to glory in your new role.

Kind regards,

A.D'Lochlain

(RIP) Bruce Enderson

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 14 August, 2012, 01:17:33 AM »
May God keep his hedge about you, Hazel.  Congratulations.

Hazel Bowman is now a representative of us.